Sunday 6 October 2013

Cheesy Cake Anyone?

Cheesy title anyone?... hahah, oh dear
OK, let’s just jump straight in to this one and let me say I have a cheesecake OBSESSION, great isn't it, it couldn't be a healthy food obsession or an exercise obsession, no had to be cheesecake...
But although cheesecake isn't the healthiest of options, everyone needs a treat now and then, right? So today I want to share with you a cheesecake recipe that I have used many times, and makes, in my opinion, one of the tastiest cheesecakes ever, it's quick and delicious... what more could you ask for!
You will need:

For the base:
250g of digestive biscuits
100g of melted butter

For the top:
600g of soft cheese
100g of icing sugar
284ml pot of double cream
About one punnet of Strawberries or as many as your heart desires


Firstly crush up the digestive biscuits, by putting them in a plastic food bag and crushing them using a rolling pin, or any other method you may have. Put the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and pour the melted butter over them, mix, tip them in to a tin, or whatever you would like to serve your cheesecake in and press down to create an even layer of biscuit. Chill in the fridge for about 1 hour (or if you are as over excited as I was 10 minutes) to set.

Base, base, base, base...
Now for the top, put the soft cheese and icing sugar in a bowl and mix until smooth. Pour in the double cream and mix again. Cut up as many strawberries as you wish and add them to the creamy mix (if you want some extra strawberry taste, which I do recommend, crush up some strawberries and add them as well)
Spoon the mix on to the biscuit base and spread evenly. Leave overnight to set completely (once again, or ten to fifteen minutes, I mean overnight is a very long time to wait)

I'd like to apologise for not taking the picture before my family devoured half of it...
AND ENJOY! :)
If you try out this recipe please tell me what you think of it in the comments, and maybe show me any delicious recipes you think tops this one (go on I dare you ;) haha)


Thankyou for reading, have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment